I’m going on a Euro Trip! It’s been months of planning (and delaying), but this month is the month and I am PUMPED!
It’s been a headache putting this together, as it is a logistics nightmare but here are some tips to get you on track and hopefully suck less at putting everything together than I did.
3 MONTHS PRIOR: APPLY FOR VISA
You gotta give your ass a cushion for unforeseen delays and fan-shit-hitting. So I suggest you procure this document early.
My advice is to get it at the Netherlands embassy, since
1) Amsterdam is a really cool, chill place
2) NO ONE applies at the Netherlands embassy. They’re all either in the French one or Germany or something. That means the VISA center is chill, you’re going to be chill, the embassy agents, since they do not receive as many applications, are probably chill.
Also, DIY it. Don’t listen to naysayers saying it’ll be a nightmare. I mean it can be and it was for me but after I did it, I now know what to tell you to make it NOT a nightmare for you. See the sacrifices I make?
STEPS IN GETTING YOUR SCHENGEN VISA FROM THE NETHERLANDS EMBASSY
- Download Schengen Visa Application Form here
- Check out VISA requirements here
- Reserve flights (DON’T buy them yet) here
- Book hotels here (lots of places with FREE cancellation and no upfront payment required)
- Schedule VISA submission time here
- Have it delivered and chill. (Just have it sent to your ass for 100)
2 MONTHS PRIOR
If you don’t get your VISA, you can spend this time to re-apply. Make sure your schedule checks out and you have enough money in the bank. They will check if your finances are solid (meaning you can pay for the trip and things you want to do) and they will double check if your itinerary is sound. Make it sensible. Get it as close to what you actually want to do. Don’t put down things your finances can’t back up. It needs to be and feel authentic. Same goes for your cover letter. Don’t make it too long or overshare, just put down facts and deets in a clear, concise manner.
If you DID get your VISA, at this mark you just CHILL. Oh, well book and reserve your actual tickets and hotels. You don’t want to get those things too expensive.
1 MONTH PRIOR
Do some more chilling.
1 WEEK PRIOR
Make sure you have all the tickets and reservations ready. Get excited.
A FEW DAYS BEFORE
You gotta think of packing sensibly. I will put up a post about that soon. Since you’re moving around a lot, you wouldn’t want, well I wouldn’t want, to be lugging around a huge case. You have to pack your ego and vanity into a smaller roller so your efficiency and ability to chill won’t suffer.
ON THE DAY ITSELF
Don’t be late. Chill and enjoy.
Alright, good luck holmes. Remember, no VISA is too tough to get for a woman with chill and who knows how to double check.
Chill counter: 10